Patrick Maloyi

Tuks FM appoints new Station Manager

Seasoned radio fundi, Patrick Maloyi, will take over the helm at community radio station Tuks FM 107.2 as the newly-appointed station manager from 1 September 2016.

In his various roles in the radio industry, Maloyi has always actively been involved with content creation and believes firmly in the value of solid research. “To understand what an audience needs and expects – that is the whole point. In all my numerous roles previously, I have always sought to understand the target audience better,” he explains.

Of his appointment at Tuks FM he says, “I am looking forward to building on the achievements of the station and adding a few ideas of my own. I am confident that with the support of my management team and our very vibrant volunteers, Tuks FM will continue to be a station that current students and alumni are proud of.”

His strong broadcast background began back in 1996 at the then Voice of Soweto (now Jozi FM) followed by experience gained at stations such as 947, Metro FM and Kaya FM where his love for radio deepened. From there he joined North West FM as the head of programming and host of The Morning Show. Maloyi joined Tuks FM in 2015 as programme manager. Over the years, he has garnered the experience required for his new role as station manager with an all-round view of the industry.

“At Tuks FM, we plan on reaffirming the University of Pretoria’s challenge to Make Today Matter – our ‘It’s About Now’ campaign aims to focus our content on what’s happening now – whether you are a Millennial or part of Generation Z, how your next moment turns out is determined by the present moment… It’s About Now,” Maloyi explains.

“We conducted research through our Biggest Fam’ at the beginning of the year and the results are challenging us to widen our music focus – our on-air offering will evolve as we continue to listen to our audience,” he concludes.

For more information on Tuks FM visit www.tuksfm.co.za