The Programme in Empowering Responsible Leadership Development is an innovative learning programme developed especially for senior managers from the City of Tshwane Municipality, presented in partnership with The Albert Luthuli Centre for Responsible Leadership.
The programme makes a direct contribution to the development and growth of business leaders to encourage ethical behaviour and practices within an organisation. As a high-level leadership and management development programme, the course exposes delegates to both theoretical and practical knowledge, and experiences for responsible leadership and management at local government level.
This course unpacks the foundational pillars and strategic objectives of the National Development Plan (NDP), which include:
- Encouraging strong leadership throughout society to work together to solve problems.
- Uniting all South Africans around a common programme to achieve prosperity and equity.
- Promoting active citizenry to strengthen development, democracy and accountability.
- Bringing about faster economic growth, higher investment and greater labour absorption.
- Focusing on key capabilities of people and the state.
- Building a capable and developmental state.
Local government remains the central point where much of these issues and key challenges need to be addressed. Through this course, local government leaders and managers are able to grasp the essence of the NDP and the strategy development and implementation implications for their specific divisions and functional areas.
At Enterprises University of Pretoria we pride ourselves on our solution driven results and key successes that offer greater awareness of industry and government needs. By identifying key skills development needs and providing scientific, evidence-based insights into the spheres of government, we continue to contribute to the development of South Africa.