Tuks FM won awards for its two flagship shows at the Liberty Radio Awards, held at the Sandton Convention Centre on 17 April 2018.

The annual ceremony awards the best of the best in the radio industry. It’s about rewarding those individuals and organisations who combine talent, hard work and skill to ensure that their listeners are compelled.

Tuks FM won awards for the Best Afternoon Drive Show, presented by Sila Odhuno and Caitlin Weber, as well as for the Best Breakfast Presenter, which was scooped up by Nicholas Lawrence.

Odhuno, who is known on air as ‘The Kenyan King’ says he couldn’t be happier: “The first time I heard of the awards in 2015, everyone told me how magical it was and how much of a privilege it is to mingle amongst the best in the radio business. On Saturday night, I got to mingle with the best in the business and finally scoop up an award, and I can confirm that it is truly magical! Radio has been my creative outlet for the last three years and it’s encouraging to know that people appreciate the noise that I make on the radio!” Weber remained with her feet firmly on the ground following her win: “Awards aren’t everything but it’s great to get recognition for something you love and enjoy so much!”

Lawrence says winning an award came as a shock as he has only been in radio for just over a year: “Winning is definitely one of the proudest, happiest moments of my life. Following my passion and being awarded for doing what I love, there’s just nothing that beats that. But in saying that, as much as this award is mine, it is a win for the station and all my fellow presenters.”

Two Tuks FM volunteers, Tayla Welch and Quintus Potgieter, were also awarded Bright Star Awards. These accolades are given to individuals either on-air, or behind the scenes, who are 35-years-old or younger, and are making waves in the industry. It is given to people who are thought to be the future of the radio industry.

For more information on Tuks FM visit www.tuksfm.co.za

Above from left: Best Afternoon Drive Show team Gregory Symington, Caitlin Weber and Sila Odhuno