The National Credit Regulator (NCR) Debt Counselling Training course provides you with the necessary competency and skills to register with the National Credit Regulator (NCR) as a debt counsellor.
The course is presented online to allow the student to access the course material at his own convenience.
The online material is supplemented by 10 weekly online workshops allowing interaction with the facilitator as well as other students on the course. This interaction is conducive to learning and aims to encourage dialog about complex issues addressed in the course material.
The exam, which is the only assessment in the course, will be presented online on a date communicated to the students at the onset of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will:
1. have insight in the credit landscape in South Africa;
2. grasp the credit-granting cycle and the impact of the National Credit Act on the provision of credit;
3. have a comprehensive understanding of the cost of credit and the application of in duplum versus statutory s.103(5);
4. be able to differentiate between debt enforcement and the debt relief options available to consumers in South Africa;
5. be able to identify the various pieces of legislation that have an impact on debt counselling;
6. be able to apply the debt counselling process;
7. be able to calculate over-indebtedness;
8. be able to describe and apply the court application process to debt review matters;
9. have insight into the role of a debt counsellor, as well as registration and compliance requirements for the profession and
10. be able to use technical systems in the application of the debt counselling process.
After successful completion of the course and upon obtaining a pass mark in the exam, you will be able to register with the NCR as a debt counsellor.
Module 1: Introduction to the SA credit landscape.
Module 2: The credit-granting cycle
Module 3: Understanding the cost of credit
Module 4: Debt enforcement vs debt relief
Module 5: The legislative & regulatory framework for debt counselling Module 6: Applying the debt counselling process
Module 7: The pivot of the debt counselling process: calculating over-indebtedness.
Module 8: Court application process
Module 9: The debt counselling profession
Delegates who pass the exam will receive a certificate of successful completion from the University of Pretoria and the NCR.
|Catalogue and Category:|
|Law and Human Rights|
|Who Should attend:|
This course is ideal for you if you are a prospective debt counsellor looking to register with the NCR. To qualify for registration as a debt counsellor, you are required to attend a training programme approved by the NCR.
Please take note that you may NOT register as a debt counsellor if you are/have been: