The Programme in Engineering Management (PEM) aims to provide you with practical training in managing technical functions, specifically those geared towards engineering management activities that include development, operations, maintenance, technology and project management.
The programme focuses on the fundamentals of supervisory and managerial capacity and is ideal if you are involved in or associated with technical management functions, such as design, development, manufacturing, construction, operations, quality and maintenance. Skills, tools and techniques acquired in this programme are relevant to a wide variety of industry and business sectors, including government.
The programme offers balanced training in both technical and general management.
CPD POINTS: 5 CPD points from ECSA
After successfully completing the programme, you will be able to:
• develop a technology plan for an enterprise
• perform a technology audit
• develop a project plan and understand how to manage a project
• apply the theory of constraints philosophy to operational systems
• develop a maintenance plan for technical systems
• apply systems thinking to developing new products and services
• apply scientific methods to decisions and risks
• evaluate the financial performance of a company
• make financing and investment decisions for technical systems, and
• understand people’s behaviour and apply good people management practices to increase individual and team performance in a diverse work place.
The programme is presented over a period of 16 days (four blocks of four days each). You must obtain a pass mark for each module, based on class tests and assignments that are related to the work environment of the individual. Presentation of modules consists of lectures, group discussions and case studies.
The modules that will be covered are:
• System Thinking and Engineering
• People Management
• Project Management
• Financial Management
• Operations Management
• Technology Management
• Decision and Risk Management
• Maintenance Management
Prospective delegates must have Grade 12/ Matric and should at least have a relevant technical qualification and/or work experience.
|Catalogue and Category:|
|Engineering and Technology Management|
|Who Should attend:|
|This programme is ideal for you if you are involved in, or associated with technical management functions such as design/development, manufacturing/construction, operations, quality and maintenance. Knowledge and skills acquired in this programme are relevant to a wide variety of industry and business sectors, including government.|